The feelings cave explorers experience in the depths of this karst beauty of Šalek valley are indescribable. Experience them yourself. Do you dare join the Underground adventure?
Adventurous underground cave trekking that excites imagination – Authentic cave exploration – Exploring the distant past and uncovering the present of the Huda luknja cave – Active relaxation in nature with a tasting of local cuisine
You may have gone below the surface and visited a karst cave to admire beautiful cave formations. But have you ever crawled as a true cave explorer into the darkness of the unspoiled underground, with just your headlamp to light the way? The search for a boutique adrenaline experience is over. Underground adventure is the right choice for an authentic experience of a hidden corner in Šalek Valley. Trekking through the wondrous world of this isolated karst will reveal the beauty and legends of Huda luknja – the underground karst pearl of the Šalek Valley is undoubtedly one of the biggest, but lesser-known, natural attractions of the destination.
The Underground Adventure trek into Huda luknja will satisfy the curious explorer in you. It will fill you with adrenaline and excite your imagination. Professionally trained guides and experienced cavers will lead you through a narrow opening in the wall into the Lisičnica passage where you will crawl through two siphons to reach the Medvedov (Bear) passage – a vast underground chamber where you will admire cave formations, discover bones of cave bears and, if you’re lucky, see bats. You’ll also hear stories inspired by the mysterious underground world.
After trekking through the Huda luknja cave, you will be treated to a tasting of local culinary products at Jamarska hut by Huda luknja. As a souvenir, you will receive a small gift to remind you of this unforgettable experience.
Duration: 4 hours
Location: Huda luknja cave
Date: by arrangement, between the 1st of May and 31st of October
Underground Adventure trekking program
– assembly at Jamarska hut by Huda luknja,
– equipping with caving gear and briefing for a safe and responsible tour,
– entering in the upper part of the Huda luknja cave, through the Lisičnica passage,
– trekking through the Lisičnica passage and crossing into the Medvedov (Bear) passage,
– trekking through the Medvedov (Bear) passage and visiting caverns of dripstone formations, seeing remains of a cave bear and cave life,
– presentation of the cultural heritage and folk traditions related to the Huda luknja cave,
– returning along the same route,
– a tour of the cave entrance in the Huda luknja gorge,
– tasting of local culinary products, served at Jamarska hut.
Trekking is suitable for active visitors accustomed to moderate physical activities and who aren’t afraid of tight dark underground spaces. It is suitable for children older than 6 years and adults with no physical limitations for walking, bending, and crawling in narrow spaces.
Underground adventure can be experienced by individuals, couples, families, and groups of up to 10 people.
The price of the entire programme includes:
- assembly at Jamarska hut by Huda luknja,
- equipping with caving gear and briefing for a safe and responsible tour,
- entering the upper part of the Huda luknja cave, through the Lisičnica passage,
- trekking through the Medvedov (Bear) passage and visitng caverns of dripstone formations, seeingr remains of a cave bear and cave life,
- presentation of the cultural heritage and folk traditions related to the hut Hudo luknja cave,
- returning along the same route,
- a tour of the cave entrance in the Huda luknja gorge,
- tasting of local culinary products served at Jamarska hut.
We reserve the right to change the price and programme.
Reservations and information:
Šaleška Valley Turist Board
T: 03 896 17 15