The Parish Church of St. Martin, Velenje
Patron: St. Martin of Tours, a bishop
The church, which is positioned on a small elevation at the edge of Velenje, was first mentioned in the middle of 13th century. Its present nucleus dates back to the middle ages and partly from the renaissance period, while the new part was built in 1874. The building is renowned for its historical tradition and its dominant, elevated position. The church is surrounded by remnants of the ruins of encampment wall.
The church has a double nave, a three-sided presbyterium and a bell tower with a double onion dome and a vestibule built as an extension.
Šmarška cesta 2
SI – 3320 Velenje
T: +386 3 897 56 80